Level 1
Level 1

PLEASE I CANT TRASLATE A PSTN NUMBER 23952001 TO EXTENSION NUMBER IN MY BE6000

4 Replies 4

ben.dimick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You'll need to add a translation rule to handle the extension assignments. This can be done either on CUCM, but I chose to do this at the voice gateway itself (172.27.199.1). SSH in and look for lines that contain the text "voice translation-profile". These should each have a calling and called rule assigned. Now find the lines labeled "voice translation-rule" that match the rules on your profiles. These will allow you to assign how these numbers will be changed.

For instance, you may have "rule 1 /23952001/ /1000/" to change the number you mentioned to extension 1000. You'll need a rule that covers all your extensions/DID's, but you can use wildcards to define these. A pretty good resource for writing these can be found here: http://purplesack.com/redsack/blogs/translation.aspx

i was using this rules, however it dont translate ,  i have a E1 port with 30 lines,  cucm is using this 30 lines every day, i would need another line ?, i would need buy another line?,  how i cant dissociate this lines to use only one in testing

I NEED TO PAY A DID SERVICE , AND AFTER USE THIS RULES?

Yes, that's correct. You'll need to arrange with a telephone company to connect to your system.