Level 1
Level 1

PLEASE I CANT TRASLATE A PSTN NUMBER 23952001 TO EXTENSION NUMBER IN MY BE6000

4 Replies 4

ben.dimick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You'll need to add a translation rule to handle the extension assignments. This can be done either on CUCM, but I chose to do this at the voice gateway itself (172.27.199.1). SSH in and look for lines that contain the text "voice translation-profile". These should each have a calling and called rule assigned. Now find the lines labeled "voice translation-rule" that match the rules on your profiles. These will allow you to assign how these numbers will be changed.

For instance, you may have "rule 1 /23952001/ /1000/" to change the number you mentioned to extension 1000. You'll need a rule that covers all your extensions/DID's, but you can use wildcards to define these. A pretty good resource for writing these can be found here: http://purplesack.com/redsack/blogs/translation.aspx

i was using this rules, however it dont translate ,  i have a E1 port with 30 lines,  cucm is using this 30 lines every day, i would need another line ?, i would need buy another line?,  how i cant dissociate this lines to use only one in testing

I NEED TO PAY A DID SERVICE , AND AFTER USE THIS RULES?

Yes, that's correct. You'll need to arrange with a telephone company to connect to your system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: