Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IOS on a C5505-RSM

PJWHITBY
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue.

I have a C5RSM module that is currently running IOS file c5rsm-dsv-mz.112-22.P.bin.

Now that translates as

Release Train : 11.2P

Maint Release : 11.2(22)P

Feature Set : IP/IPX/AT/DEC/VIP

Life Cycle : ED

Now, I need to use a feature of EIGRP, to be exact, the ability to define the network mask, and this feature was not introduced until IOS release 12.04(T).

The latest version of IOS Feature set IP/IPX/AT/DEC/VIP that I can find on cisco.com is 11.3(10)WA4(13), which I assume does not contain the feature I require.

Any ideas anybody

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have the memory I would look at 12.2.26 which is GD and get the enterprise version if you have to support ip/ipx/at/dec ect......... If the feature was in 12.04T then it should have carrried up into regular release with 12.1 versions so 12.2 should work as long as you have enough memory and flash in your box.

Thanks glen,

I did the upgrade last weekend and the feature is not available to me. We only have 32Mb System and 16mb flash, so I upgraded the IOS on my RSM-5302 to v12.0.28a, to be exact c5rsm-jsv-mz.120-28a.bin.

I still cannot define the network mask using the network command under 'router eigrp 1'

Any pointers would be appreciated. Why is this feature stated to be introduced in 12.04T and it is now not available in 12.0.28a?

Regards

Paul

I assume nobody can answer this question, never mind, I have got a work around for it now.

Thanks anyway glen

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card