Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vastly superior BAUD-Rate on Console-Port

Hello dear Supporter-Team,

today in the company I had bred a fatal mistake on our Cisco 3560-CG 8Port PoE Switch.

In arrangement to copy a new iOS onto the switch via XMODEM I set up the BAUD-Rate of the console port on 230400 Bits.

Retrospectively after the changeover I know that is to much!

I want to say at this point that there is no previous iOS or Config on the Switch. The Switch flash and nvram is empty.

So now I cant access the Switch .. Putty (i.e.) or any other terminal-software doesn't supporter those BAUD-Rates.

The maximal BAUD-Rate on the Switch is 115200 to.

I tried to hold the mode button for a reset, but everything is resetet except the BAUD-Rate on the Console-Port.

Can you help me to solve the problem? I would access my Switch over the well know BAUD-Rate of 115200.

(Is there any options left to configure the Switch's BAUD-Rate over Serial..?)

Best regards and greetings from Germany.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Kevin Ossenbrück

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So sorry, but there's  no support team here. CSC is volunteer based project. Moreover, this community is dedicated  to other topics.

Use blue [ EDIT ] button to move this thread to Network Infrastructure -> Other Network Infrastructure Subjects if you wish for help from other users/experts.

Delete it and call Cisco support center instead if you wish to contact Cisco's support.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: