cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mod for 2611

m.matteson
Level 2
Level 2

here is a senario i am running through my mind. is it possible for me to obtain a voice mod for a 2611 and then have cisco ip phones register with the router running key switch and hook up an external phone line to the router so that they can make calls to the rest of the world. but also have then make calls to other remote sites through a VPN without generating costs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The key-switch feature is available in the 12.1(5) YD release...not absolutely sure abt the version number...You can make the IP phones register to the router, and if you have routers at each remote sites, connected via wan, you can make calls between them.

To run an external phone line, connected to pots, you might want to add a FXO (VIC) on the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The key-switch feature is available in the 12.1(5) YD release...not absolutely sure abt the version number...You can make the IP phones register to the router, and if you have routers at each remote sites, connected via wan, you can make calls between them.

To run an external phone line, connected to pots, you might want to add a FXO (VIC) on the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco