Views
Helpful
Replies

Wacky NM-4B-S/T problem

nomanbari
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All,

I have a really weird problem with the two Cisco 3745 routers. Both are with VPN bundle.

The problem is that whenever I boot the routers up with NM-4B-S/T module,they crash. The same NM-4B-S/T module is when plugged into any other router then these modules work fine.

If any network module other than NM-4B-S/T module is hooked up in the 3745 routers with VPN bundle, they work fine without any problem.

If this was a NM-4B-S/T module problem then this module won't work with the other routers. If this was a slot problem then the 3745 giving problem won't work with any other NM also.

So in summary both the 3745 routers with VPN bundle are giving the same problem with NM-4B-S/T module.. They crash...

I am attaching the crash info file.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. I have already searched all the forums here and Cisco's website for any hint on this problem but I wasn't able to find any thing.

Regards,

Noman Bari

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I checked the software advisor, it appears that you need at least the following IOS:

12.3(11)XL1

c3745-advipservicesk9-mz.123-11.XL1

12.3(14)T

c3745-advipservicesk9-mz.123-14.T

12.3(13)

c3745-advipservicesk9-mz.123-13

You are currently running C3745-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.3(11)T2. Can you try one of the versions mentioned and check if that makes a difference ?

Regards,

GP

Hi Georg,

Thank you for helping out.. I sure will give it a try and let you know the result.

Regards,

Noman Bari

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card