Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN INTERFACE GETS HUNG

ynverma
Level 1
Level 1

Friends

I am maintaining a good number of sites running on OSPF. Recently I have started facing strange problem. My one of the site has got 2 x 2 mbps links. Earleir my both links were working fine . Nowadays one of the link I can't ping from the router where it is attached but can ping it from my RAS. But when I used extended ping on the router with timeout 1205, I get response (without any packet loss). So I thought PORT is faulty and I changed the port. But whenever I change the port it works fine for 1 or 2 days but later on again same position. I am unable to identify the cause . Though I used "clear counter" and "clear ip ospf redistribution" for the interface but all efforts are in vain. The strange part is this my other routers are getting OSPF updates from both of the links.

Please advice ASAP .. Its urgent.

Thanx in advance

1 Reply 1

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

If raising the timeout value allows a ping to go through, do a show interface and ensure you aren’t experiencing a high amount of traffic. Clear counters, monitor closely, you may be getting very bursty traffic, which degrades performance intermittently.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card