is it just like Tech Talk show ???

Pls comment

Thanks all

Ibrahim

3 Replies 3

saif akbar
Level 1
Level 1

Its really about the new/existing/upcoming technologies overview. its super informative and you can signup for free.

How to answer this question depends on how you might participate in CiscoLive. One option, as mentioned in previous response, is to sign up for on line access. At CiscoLive there are many presentations, on many subjects which you can access via the online portal. Some of these presentations are at a simple level which is appropriate for beginners in networking. Many of the presentations are at medium level of difficulty, and some presentations are at expert level. Some of the presentations are about existing technologies while other presentations are about technologies that are just being developed.

The other option is to go to CiscoLive in person. There is a charge for this but for many people it is well worth it. In addition to being able to attend the presentations mentioned above in person (which is sometimes better than watching the recording) there are many other opportunities when you are physically present at CiscoLive. There are some general sessions at which Cisco will share what they think about the current environment and will discuss directions that they believe are developing in the various fields of networking. There is an extensive exhibit hall which has lots of exhibits from Cisco about its products and technologies and also exhibits from many vendors. When you physically attend CiscoLive there are opportunities to interact with Cisco engineers and to ask them questions. There are also opportunities to interact with other users of Cisco equipment. There are opportunities for some hands on experiences with some equipment and technologies. There are also social activities which some people enjoy.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can watch recordings but you can't ask questions. 

Attending CiscoLive is different because you can participate during the different sessions.  Ask questions, make new friends, exchange ideas, talk to your peers.  These things I can't get by watching past recording. 

When it comes to "sessions", it is divided into several levels based on one's technical skills and position in an organization.  There are "sessions" for management, finance, program/project managers and then the technical people, etc.  

Technical sessions are "technical".  It's not for beginners.  These sessions are not "networking 101" kind.  I would say they are medium-grade half technical and half sales.  

Actually, there are two kinds of technical sessions:  The first one is the one I've just mentioned (above), another one is a full-on, in-depth, up-your-face kind of session.  One can choose either a four- or 8 hour session.  These sessions only cover one specific technology.  If the daily (short) technical sessions "blow your mind" then these ones can give you a migraine.  In the first ten minutes.   I've been in two of these sessions and I find it hard to fall asleep.  At the end of the first hour, I feel like I'm a "novice" in this job and I haven't done enough.  By the end of the day, I fee exhausted just listening, taking down the session and notes.  

Now the technical speakers aren't your "average" people.  Each speaker is "rated".  At the end of the day, they must achieve 100% top score or they won't be invited back again.  So if the technical speaker is a veteran in CL, then he's got to be that good.  Each material to the technical session cannot be "recycled" and it's constantly being updated.  

Exhibition Hall is a place where other vendors/partners "show off".  Best place to look for new ideas to make your network better.  I like going to the Exhibition Hall because I get to see what Cisco is coming up next.  And this is the only opportunity where my AM/SE can be a tad bit "flippant" about things-I'm-not-allowed-to-know.  

Depending on which one you want to attend to, you'll need a good pair of shoes and ability to walk.  Fast.  

CiscoLive US is the largest.  Europe is probably medium sized and Australia is the smallest.  

For someone technical, CiscoLive is not a "junket".  It is worth it and I highly recommend anyone to attend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: