cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1DSU-T1 BERT TESTING

jkittle
Level 1
Level 1

Ive read lots of documentation, browsed the CCO website, and found multiple references that speak to the fact that a WIC-1DSU-T1 card has internal BERT capability, but I've not been able to locate either reading or at the CLI the method to accomplish this BERT testing. I'm familiar with T1 testing using various tools (external test sets ie T-Berd) but the internal functionality has its usefulness as well. Anyone know how to do this ?

3 Replies 3

ddecan
Level 1
Level 1

What is the model number of the router and the IOS level?

This holds true for many routers I have (1720, 2620/2621, 3600 series) , 12.2(10) or 12.2(12) IOS version, IP only software.

Lee Fawkes
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to revive an ancient thread from the dead, but I was searching for an answer to this same question and I couldn't find one anywhere, but I think I've figured it out. It seems the functionality is rolled into the "loopback" command. It's not as nice as the BERT functionality in the SONET controllers in our 7609s, but it's suitable for some basic testing. Here's an example:

Router#conf t

Router(config)#interface serial0

Router(config-if)#loopback remote full qrw

Router(config-if)#end

You will then get a system message "Remote unit placed in loopback", and the system will run a test pattern against that loop until you stop it, as follows:

Router#conf t

Router(config)#interface serial0

Router(config-if)#no loop remote

Router(config-if)#end

You can then view the results of the test by executing the following command:

Router#show service-module se0

[...]

Last user loopback performed:

remote loopback

duration 00:06:11    Bit errors = 12047, sync duration 00:01:15

[...]

In the output I've pasted above, I was plugging and unplugging the loop cable while the test was running to generate errors.