Views
Helpful
Replies

wic-1enet and wic-4esw

rost-beef
Level 1
Level 1

wic-1enet and wic-4esw

What caused the restriction in the use of these modules?

Maybe then a simple lack of some files (drivers) in IOS
Maybe if I change the entry in the firmware, these modules can work in all routers, equipped with wic slot?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rostislav

You are correct that one set of drivers is required to support the wic-1enet and a different set of drivers for   wic-4esw

I am not sure what you mean when you talk about changing the entry in the firmware. If you mean installing a different IOS image so that it has different drivers then you could change which WIC is supported. If you are talking about actually changing the drivers in the IOS image then that is not something that you can do.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The word firmware, I meant chip PDIP / SOIC 93C46A EEPROM.
If, in this chip to replace the information that the router thinking that wic-1enet, a NM-1E !!!

Will this method work?
And, accordingly, wic-4esw, let the router thinks it nm-4esw (analog nm-16esw)

Any other approach!

Is it possible to move from one router to another router driver?

Rostislav

The drivers are bound into the image. You are not able to switch drivers within an image.The only approach to using a different driver is to load a different image which includes the different driver.

If your intent is to make the router think that it has an NM when the card is a WIC that will not work.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: