cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

X25 to TCP Translations

jonathan.freer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement to allow multiple X25 PADs to connect to a single TCP host. According to CCO this can be done using X25 to TCP tranlation feature but the number of sessions is limited to the number of vty sessions available. Question is if I have N number of X25 pads talking to a single NUA on the router which is then translated to the target IP address using telnet does this count as only 1 session or N sessions ???

4 Replies 4

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

One vty per session.

But you can normally increase the number of vty lines. Try vty 5 15, then look at show line.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Sorry, I meant line vty 5 15

KJD

Kevin -- thanks. The problem that i have is that I'm not sure what is defined as "one session". Is it one session irrespective of the number of X25 PADs talking to a single NUA that is then translated or is a separate session required for every X25 PAD ?

Jonathan,

Just as you can normally have up to 5 telnet sessions into the exec of the router, and no more, so you can have up to 5 X.25 PAD sessions and no more - the concept is the same. Each PAD session corresponds to a vty line.

In fact, if you do telnets into a router, and do a show line, you can see your two telnet sessions occupying two of the vty lines - they have a '*' next to them. In the same way, you will see each X.25 PAD session occupying a vty line.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card