cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Your license has expired for CiscoWorks RME' (and CM)

martin-dean
Level 1
Level 1

On a LMS 2.2 instalation that had RME, CM and DFM installed, I have a problem that the CMF says that the installed software for CM and RME has expired it license.

RME upgraded to IDU 8 from 5 and CM upgraded to IDU 8 from 7.

I uninstalled DFM due to performance issues on the server. About 2 hours later, any client logging in had the message CM (and RME) license expired.

I have looked on the forum and saw that someone had a similar problem 'DFM licence issue' and they were advised to remove the files with eval in the name.

I found two such files and moved them out of CSCOpx.

When CW was restarted it just created the same files in the same place again.

The server says the both packages are installed, but the 'RME with Update 1' is now not there, which was there earlier. Is this a problem?

1 Reply 1

martin-dean
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer.

The server had a very old eval copy lms 1.1 (v3) initially on the box. When eval uninstalled the software did not clean up the filing system very well. It left several files in various folders - one even called eval.

It seems that uninstalling DFM reconfigured the maintree - drawers on lhs. The XML for CM and RME disappeared, they were in a backup maintree folder but copying then did not help - made things worse.

With the help of TAC, several .sig renamed, created a couple of timestamp files. None of which worked until CM was reloaded - my first suggestion but TAC was called instead.

CM with IDU 5 and LMS update 1 and IDU 8 restored the system (CM and RME) back to normal with no loss of data.

Beware of eval copies seems to be the moral of this saga.

A similar case was raised with cisco and has a bug number CSCdw10905.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card