cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G switch that is stackable, uses fibre ports and has options to reverse airflow

billybong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, anyone help me here, I am looking for a 10G switch that is stackable, uses fibre ports and has options to reverse airflow
So far, I looked at the following

WS-C3850-48XS-F but annoyingly this switch does not support stacking, the rest of the series don't have airflow options
9300 series are mostly copper and do not look to offer airflow options
Nexus do not offer stacking

I am sure I’m missing something here, anyone able to point me to the right switch

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

JELA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If airflow is a matter for you, i suppose that you are considering installing this switch in datacenter?

When you say "Nexus do not offer stacking", do you consider deploying :

• two Nexus parent switch (let say N9K-C93180YC-EX)
  • up to 16 Nexus 2K fex as you need(let say N2K-C2348UPQ for 48 ports 10Gb/s SFP+)

The choice offered on the enterprise class product is more limited as airflow is not really a matter inside corporate building.

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not see this option in Cat 9K, May be Look Nexus model if you looking more specific to airflow.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

JELA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If airflow is a matter for you, i suppose that you are considering installing this switch in datacenter?

When you say "Nexus do not offer stacking", do you consider deploying :

• two Nexus parent switch (let say N9K-C93180YC-EX)
  • up to 16 Nexus 2K fex as you need(let say N2K-C2348UPQ for 48 ports 10Gb/s SFP+)

The choice offered on the enterprise class product is more limited as airflow is not really a matter inside corporate building.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not see this option in Cat 9K, May be Look Nexus model if you looking more specific to airflow.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Guys as i though Nexus is the way to go

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: