Views
Helpful
Replies

1720 and wic-1enet

7tsommer
Level 1
Level 1

two questions involving my cisco 1720:

We have ethernet 0 (a wic-1enet card in wic slot 0) connected to a 2Wire brand DSL modem/router that is configured to be a bridge so our router can utilize our public IPs. We have NAT enabled, with E0 set to NAT outside, and Fa0 set to NAT inside. When we bring the interfaces up and start a continuous ping to a public IP address, all works fine for about 15 minutes, then the connection drops. The web interface for the 2Wire router claims that the E0 port connected to it has gone "inactive" (assuming this means it's seen no activity), although the interface is still trying to ping the external addy. When I down the Fa0 interface (not directly connected to the 2Wire DSL bridge), the pings resume (provided they're originating from the routable IP on the router, of course). Any ideas why this would happen?

Question two: Any ideas as to why the only IOS with 3DES I can get to recognize my WIC-1ENET is the IP/ADSL PLUS IPSEC 3DES feature set, version 12.2(11)T11 (c1700-k9sy7-mz.122-11.T11.bin)? Any idea which feature set with both 3DES and PPPOE might work with this card? None of the other feature sets I've tried bring up the WIC-1ENET

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,

T.

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

If you want to configure PPPoE using WIC-1ENET card then you would require ADSL+ feature set.