Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Core Switch, VTP Domain and InterVlan Routing

tjavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 2 Catalyst 3750 with Layer 3 ios image.

how i can do to configure a VTP Domain and Configure InterVlan Routing in both switch for same LAN, each switch it connected to differents routers in differents sites, but both is the same LAN.

thanks..

-----

Hola, Tengo 2 Cat 3750 con Imagen para Capa 3.

Como puedo configurar un mismo VTP Domain e InterVlan Routing para ambos Switchs?, cada uno esta conectado a routers distintos en distintos sitios, pero estan conectados en la misma lan por fibra optica. Quisiera que el intervlan y el vtp domain se mantenga en linea aun si el enlace de fibra optica este este caido

gracias

5 Replies 5

colin.mccrory
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To enable the VTP domain across the two sites, you need to have bridging enabled betwen the two routers, rather than a layer 3 routed link. VTP requires vlan 1 to be extended between the two sites in order to operate.

Regards

Colin

Both sitch are conected with FiberOptic Ethernet, and VTP cross it. i want that the intervlan and vtp domain still working if the fiber optic cable goes down. How i can do it?

Hi tjavier,

try out HSRP...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af1.shtml

The only resolution for your second problem i can imagine is to use a backup link between your two switches..

Hope this is of any help.

Sebastian

the wan link can be the bakcup link?

Well, to be honest, I dont know.

I can't remember a constellation i have seen where HSRP is backed up by a wan link. Even if so, do u want all your traffic to travel over the wan? From my point of view, its a "notverygood" ;-) solution.

Hope this was of any help.

Sebastian