Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Core Switch, VTP Domain and InterVlan Routing

tjavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 2 Catalyst 3750 with Layer 3 ios image.

how i can do to configure a VTP Domain and Configure InterVlan Routing in both switch for same LAN, each switch it connected to differents routers in differents sites, but both is the same LAN.

thanks..

-----

Hola, Tengo 2 Cat 3750 con Imagen para Capa 3.

Como puedo configurar un mismo VTP Domain e InterVlan Routing para ambos Switchs?, cada uno esta conectado a routers distintos en distintos sitios, pero estan conectados en la misma lan por fibra optica. Quisiera que el intervlan y el vtp domain se mantenga en linea aun si el enlace de fibra optica este este caido

gracias

5 Replies 5

colin.mccrory
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To enable the VTP domain across the two sites, you need to have bridging enabled betwen the two routers, rather than a layer 3 routed link. VTP requires vlan 1 to be extended between the two sites in order to operate.

Regards

Colin

Both sitch are conected with FiberOptic Ethernet, and VTP cross it. i want that the intervlan and vtp domain still working if the fiber optic cable goes down. How i can do it?

Hi tjavier,

try out HSRP...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af1.shtml

The only resolution for your second problem i can imagine is to use a backup link between your two switches..

Hope this is of any help.

Sebastian

the wan link can be the bakcup link?

Well, to be honest, I dont know.

I can't remember a constellation i have seen where HSRP is backed up by a wan link. Even if so, do u want all your traffic to travel over the wan? From my point of view, its a "notverygood" ;-) solution.

Hope this was of any help.

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco