cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2691 Router Flash Card

wynholds
Level 1
Level 1

If I move the flash memory card between two hardware identical 2691 routers, will the new router boot up and operate the same as the old one?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you are talking about the flash card INSIDE, then yes. You can move them from one identical router to another one.

Yes, I was referring to the INSIDE flash card.  The old router failed and I need to replace it.  With the flash card swap, this should be a trivial task.  Thank you for your prompt reply.

Hi, 

you can do that.Make sure the CF to be inserted has same IOS image as the faulty CF because of any specifc feature which is working with faulty CF  and needs to be supported with new CF as well.

regds,

aman

It doesn't matter where you transfer the internal flash card to.  At the end of the day, you can boot the IOS from the internal flash and the external flash and this is done by setting the correct boot string variable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: