cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 EHWIC D8ESGP QoS

jmeggers
Level 1
Level 1

Pulling my hair out a bit trying to figure this out. I feel like I'm OK going from the EHWIC to the WAN side, but can't seem to figure out what to do going to the phone to assign voice traffic to LLQ. There's no "priority" command available as on most actual switches, and IOS won't let me assign a service-policy outbound on the interface. Using command-line help I don't see any commands that even look like they'll get me going in the right direction. Anyone have any suggestions about how to do this, or where to look? I'm not finding any documentation that addresses these specific interfaces. Thanks for any suggestions.

- John

3 Replies 3

jmeggers
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried a few more things. There doesn't appear to be a global way to turn on QoS, but there are commands available to map DSCP and CoS in both directions. I also found on the hardware data sheet that each port in the module has eight QoS queues and that strict priority is enforced by default. Maybe this means I just have to map DSCP to CoS and the module will automatically prioritize CoS 5 (which is all I really care about at this point).

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

yes. I met that 4 port ehwic card do not support QOS. I used 2FE card instead

According to http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/3900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/data_sheet_c78-612808.html it's supposed to, but I agree, I've still been unable to figure out a way to prioritize outbound on the LAN side. There's no "priority" command and it wouldn't let me apply a service policy outbound. At this point I'm going to let it be and hope that, as a Gig interface, there's enough bandwidth to handle a single IP phone on that port. I know hope is not a strategy, but it's the best I can do right now.