Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 appears dead System Light Flashing stat light stays on

I think I have a dead switch. However, I figured I would see if anyones had a similar situation. When I power the device up the stat light comes on and stays on. Then the port lights flash once then the system light starts flashing. Once the system light starts fashing the switch appears to hang. It's not responding from the console port. The other switch is I have is a 2950 as well and it's responds via the terminal emulation settings I've set up. I think I know the answer, but I'm indulging in a little wishful thinking. Lastly I hold down the mode button for 15 to 30 sec and I dont get any change in status. Should I feed this switch to my garbage can?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the console port does not respond, there is not a whole lot you could do. If you have a service contract, open a TAC service request and get it replaced.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the console port does not respond, there is not a whole lot you could do. If you have a service contract, open a TAC service request and get it replaced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: