Views
Helpful
Replies

3560x dying

netone.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

We just got many 3560x switches for a project. Curiously and in a very rate event (at least for me ) 4 of them died after workijg normally. 3 for some days and the last one for 3 weeks.

Power supplies are ok and light up, they work on other switches, fans dont start kn the damagdd switch but work in ither switches.

Syslog server doesnt show anything. It just goes puff.

Anyone ever experienced this? They are brand new switches biught one month ago from official channek distributor.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App (its cool)

2 Replies 2

stubinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Something similar happened to me with 3921 routers where one after another would just die and not power on after 2-3 months.  TAC didn't know what caused the issue and had me RMA the dead routers (four of them within two months).  After the 2nd router died, I had my reseller look into it and by using their contacts in Cisco, they found out that there was a batch of faulty hardware affecting all of the routers we had purchased. 

Once I had the information from the reseller to give to TAC, everything went very smooth and the routers were replaced before they died.

So I suggest having your reseller look into things and maybe turn something up that end users can't find.

Stubinski,

Thanks for sharing. I already initiated RMA for the 4 switches and alerted them about the possibility of being a batch problem so they initiated an EFA (extended failure analysis) (first time I heard of it).

I'll let you know If anything bigger is involved or I'm just unlucky.

Regards

Mario Pinho