cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Port NOT Err-Dis but not working either?!?

rogerfarrington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've recently had a number of switchports cease to work on 3750s arround campus; I would have thought they should have gone ERR-DIS but they just sit in UP/DOWN until the switch is restarted and then work as normal, interface shut /no shut doesn't do anything.

Have you any Idea:

i)  what is likley to cause this?

ii) Is there any way to recover the port without restarting the switch?

Thanks,

Roger.

6 Replies 6

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Roger Farrington wrote:

Hi,

I've recently had a number of switchports cease to work on 3750s arround campus; I would have thought they should have gone ERR-DIS but they just sit in UP/DOWN until the switch is restarted and then work as normal, interface shut /no shut doesn't do anything.

Have you any Idea:

i)  what is likley to cause this?

ii) Is there any way to recover the port without restarting the switch?

Thanks,

Roger.

What's on the other end of the port? Could the attached device be shutting down/suspending in some way and dropping the switch port?

Cheers.

Sorry for the delay,

We have ahad it happen with a few devices PCs and Control systems, it doesn't happen very often at all - the devices are working fine, moving the patch cord to another switch port solves the issue, but the switches need restarting before the original port will work again.

Can you post the output to the following commands please:

1.  sh version;

2.  sh post

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Roger,

Did you ever get an answer regarding this issue? Was it a bug? I'm guessing that an IOS upgrade will solve the issue but I'm just curious if you figured it out? I'm running 12.2(40)SE on a stack of 3750's and see the same thing.

Craig

Any answer on this? I'm also seeing the same behavior.

Patrick,

It's best if you create a new thread. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco