Views
Helpful
Replies

3850-24XS (440WDC)

aaguila
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Good day to everyone! Regarding the 44W DC power supply, do I need to connect both input, A and B, to the source? Or one is enough to power up the switch?

Also, I'm confused with what DC cable to use. I have read on the installation guide that I needed to use a 12-AWG cable and at some part a 14-gauge is needed. Are these different? Does it mean that the maximum cable size I can connect is 12-AWG? I'll attached the screenshot of the installation guide where i read it.

equipment that you need.pngwiring the dc input power source.png

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the check Docs, they are dual feeded.

image.png

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

Thank you for the response. Any idea on the cables?

The 350-W and 715-W AC power supply modules are autoranging units that support input voltages between 100 and 240 VAC. The 1100-W power supply module is an autoranging unit that supports input voltages between 115 and 240 VAC. The 440-W DC power supply module has dual input feeds (A and B) and supports input voltages between 36 and 72 VDC. The output voltage range is 51 to 57 V.

Each AC power supply module has a power cord for connection to an AC power outlet. The 1100-W and 715-W modules use a 16-AWG cord (only North America). All other modules use an 18-AWG cord. The DC power supply module must be wired to a DC power source.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

I've read that but I think that is only applicable on North America, though I might be wrong.