cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL!

ALL THE CORE;DIST SWITCHs IN MY ENTERPRISE ARE 6509-E WITH SUP-720;UNLESS 3 DIST WITH THE SUPERVISOR ENGINE 1A-2GE.NOW CAN I UPGRADE THESE SWITCHS TO SUPPORT GLBP.AND I NEED TO UPDATE THE EXISTing MEMORY & THE OS FROM Catos to pure ios in the chassies.what is the requirment + the procedure.HOW CAN I ACHIVE SUCCESSFUL UPGRADE.

10xs FOR UR HELP

ali

29 Replies 29

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

If you want to convert from CATOS to IOS please have a look at this link which will give you step by step instructions for conversion.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/473/81.html#step

There is no specific requirment for conversion only you should make sure that the supervisor bootflash should have enough space to support your pure ios and incase it does not have enough space then you need to have external flash card to have the image loaded on that and then you can start with conversion procedure.

Just follow the steps and you will be done.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

HI ANKUR 10XS FOR UR REPLY!

THE LINK DIDN'T OPEN NEED A CCO UNLIMITED.PS ANOTHER

10XS

ALI

HI ANKUR

ALWAYS U HELP ME.REALY I APPRECIATED UR HELP.10xs

ALI

HI

I GOT FLASH MEMORY PCMCIA 64.WHICH IOS VERSION U ADVISE ME TO INSTALL.

10XS

ALI

Hi Ali,

You will be converting catos to ios on which supervisor. I mean which supervisor you are having which you want to convert from CATOS to IOS.

Though I don't have the latest information for the most stable IOS code as its been long I have worked on new IOS releases but its better you post whch sup engine and which msfc you have on which you are planning to convert from catos to ios so that may be someone who know about the latest IOS will help you out.

HTH

Ankur

HI MY FRIEND!

HERE IS:SUPERVISOR ENGINE 1A-2GE.....MSFC1

HAVE A LOOK TO THE 2 IOS:

c6sup−is−mz.120−7.XE1 is the Catalyst 6500/6000 Cisco IOS Software Release 12.0(7)XE1

image (with Supervisor Engine 1/MSFC1).

¨

c6sup11−dsv−mz.121−19.E1 is the Catalyst 6500/6000 Cisco IOS Software Release

12.1(19)E1 image (with Supervisor Engine 1/MSFC1).

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENT?WHICH ONE I WILL USE.I NEED FULL INTEGRATION.

10XS

ALI

Hi Ali,

Check this image "c6sup11-dsv-mz.121-19.E1". Now if you read this image check first few words "c6sup11" now this means it is for cat6k switch for supervisor 1 and msfc 1.

That "sup11" states sup1 and msfc1.

I am not able to recognise your first image which is "c6sup-is-mz.120-7.XE1" as there is no mention which sup and which msfc it is for and also seems to be very old image.

Ankur

hi

I Have to know why in this version of 6509.there is 2 operating systems.CATos in the sup & ios in the MSFC1.CAN u clear me.

10xs

ali

Hi Ali,

The secind image which you posted is the image only for MSFC so this means switch is running in HYBRID MODE which is a CATOS mode and it will have have 2 images one on supervisor which will start with "cat6000-sup" for sup 1 and sup 1A and another image will be on msfc which will start with "c6msfc" which means it is for msfc1.

Now if you see the image for NATIVE mode it will start with "c6sup11" which is for sup 1 and msfc1.

I will recommend you to just have a look at this link which will clear you the naming convetion of images in hybrid mode and native mode

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/81.html#naming

Ankur

HI FRIEND

Thank u very much my friend; alyays u have provided ME a usefull link.i'll read it now.

10xs ankur in advance

ALI

HI

I NEED A USEFULL LINK HOW TO DO A PASSWORD RECOVERY FOR THIS MODEL.

10XS FOR UR HELP

ALI

Hi Friend,

Here you go for the link for passowrd recovery for your switch

If switch is running in CATOS mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_password_recovery09186a00801349aa.shtml#topic1

If switch is running Native IOS mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_password_recovery09186a0080133fb1.shtml#topic1

Both the links have step by step instruction for password recovery

Ankur

HI FRIEND

ANKUR THANK U VERY MUCH.ALWAYS U HELP ME.

ALI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: