cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6513 with sup720 backplane ( internal architecture)

bermawer1
Level 1
Level 1

We have 6513 with SUP 720 with FWSM,IDSM,CSM and Other modules. i would like know how these modules connects to the backplane and whats the their speed. I need this info just to know how many modules i cna load on 6500 for wirespeed operation and to know if there can be any bottleneck at IDS or CSM etc.

Any help is appreciated, also plz forward any link where i can get more info.

Thanx

Thanx

2 Replies 2

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Basically the information you require is scathered over CCO and TAC documents. The link below is a compiled version of the information that can be found on Cisco.com.

http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/nets/devices/eswitches/6500-backplane.html

As far as identifying bottlenecks, the IDSM-2 (max. 600 Mbps) and FWSM (max. 5 Gbps) cannot switch at wirespeed.

The backplane has a total capacity of 32 Gbps, with the FSM distributed switching increases capacity to 256 Gbps.

Also 1000/1000/10 RJ-45 modules are oversubscribed on a 8:1 ratio. As far as I can see your bottleneck is going to be intrusion detection.

HTH

--Leon

* Please rate posts.

hi,

yes. There will be bottleneck at IDS. Any idea what will be effective strategies for IDSM implementation in my case.

The document given in the link doent mention about sup720, is there any way i can get hold of a diagram showing 6500 architecure logical connections between its modules.

Thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: