Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

827 maximum Flash memory ?

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the 827: after adding an 8MB mini flash card, the actual flash memory remains the same (2048/8192). It looks like the 827 either doesn't recognize the additional flash, or I am installing it the wrong way.

Does anybody know what the maximum flash memory is for the 827, or if there is something particular to keep in mind when installing the flash card ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Georg

5 Replies 5

mnaveen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Georg,

The maximum Flash memory that can be installed on a 827 router is 16 MB. Check the following link to upgrade your flash memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_installation_guide09186a00800aff5f.html

Catch u soon.

Naveen

mnaveen@cisco.com

Hello,

I am using an Intel 8 Mbyte Miniature Card Series 200 Flash, I am inserting it in exactly the way described in your link, but the router doesn't see it. Is there anything I need to remove first from the memory slot in the router (I noticed there is soem sort of padding in the slot where the connectors go), or anything I need to remove from the flash card ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Georg

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using the compatible flash card?

check the seating of the flash card, if it is not properly seated, the router doesnt detect the flash.

The maximum flash memory is 16MB

-Deepu

Hi

We have exactly the type to use how Cisco propose, any else how work fine in an 800 (80x-81x) or 17xx router don't work in 826&827 router.

Regards

Andy

Try swapping the flash card from a router which is known to have detected and observe. If even after swapping it doesnt detect the flash card, then there might be problem with the motherboard.

If it detects the new flash card, then the problem is in the flash card.

I dont think, 1700 flash is compatible with the 800 series router.

I had tried this in my lab here. It didnt work

-Deepu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: