cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

892w router with 801 internal wireless

rjwwgump285
Level 1
Level 1

I have tftp upgraded the 801 wireless with the latest software. Now I lost the web interface, have enabled using the ip http server cli.Still nothing. Have consoled into the device, looked at file system of flash. Can someone wxplain the layout of the wireless file system. Maybe the upgrade moved files where they are no supposed to be.                   

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What IOS version did you upgrade your internal AP to?

The IOS should be stored in the AP's flash drive.  Post the output to the command "dir".

ap801-k9w7-tar.152-2 is the ios version

I understand the ios is stored on the flash drive, but at what level? top etc...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Now I lost the web interface

Can you please post the output to the command "sh version".  I've got a strange feeling your AP booted the controller-based IOS, the one with "rcv" in the filename.

If it did, then are only two possibilities why it's doing this:

1.  Your boot statement is probably pointing to the "rcv" file; or

2.  Your autonomous IOS is probably corrupt

Cisco IOS Software, AP801 Software (AP801-RCVK9W8-M), Version 12.4(10b)JDA3, REL EASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Sun 07-Jun-09 04:01 by prod_rel_team ROM: Bootstrap program is AP801 boot loader BOOTLDR: AP801 Boot Loader (AP801-BOOT-M) Version 12.4(10b)JDA3, RELEASE SOFTWAR E (fc1) AP0027.0dcd.bd26 uptime is 2 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes System returned to ROM by reload System image file is "flash:/ap801-rcvk9w8-mx/ap801-rcvk9w8-mx" This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption. Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately. A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be found at: http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email to export@cisco.com. cisco AP801AGN-E-K9        (PowerPC 8343) processor (revision B0) with 49142K/16 384K bytes of memory. Processor board ID FHK134170CT PowerPC 8343 CPU at 400Mhz, revision number 0x0031 Last reset from reload LWAPP image version 3.0.51.0 1 Gigabit Ethernet interface 32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory. Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:27:0D:CD:BD:26 Part Number                          : 73-11027-07 PCA Assembly Number                  : 800-28808-07 PCA Revision Number                  : B0 PCB Serial Number                    : ******************** Top Assembly Part Number            : 800-29577-03 Top Assembly Serial Number          : ************* Top Revision Number                  : A0 Product/Model Number                : AP801AGN-E-K9 Configuration register is 0xF

flash:/ap801-rcvk9w8-mx/ap801-rcvk9w8-mx

The AP, as I've suspected, booted the "RCV" image, hence, you don't have web GUI access.

Can you also post the output to the command "sh boot"?

AP0027.0dcd.bd26#sh boot BOOT path-list:

Config file:flash:/config.txt

Private Config file: flash:/private-config

Enable Break:yes

Manual Boot:no

Enable IOS Break:no

HELPER path-list: NVRAM/Config file      

buffer size:  32768      

Mode Button:on

Thanks for the posts, Robert.

I am suspecting the suspecting the AP can't boot your autonomous IOS possibly because the file is corrupted.

Download again from the Cisco website and compare the MD5 hash before uploading the file to the AP.

Thanks for your input, I found out I had 2 problems. First after the initial upgrade, I lost any web access to device. I found out this is due to a broken ios image that causes no html access. While trying to get the web access to work, I accidentally deleted the upgrade image so the device was booting with the lwapp image. This causes you to lose any way to tftp back into the device to use the copy command as it is missing when you boot with lwapp. After searching countless articles on how to accomplish this, I found 1 article showing how to do this by using the "ap#debug lwapp console cli" command which lets you use the copy command again thus allowing to tftp an image again. After I reinstalled the latest image again, I still had no access to web interface. I downgraded to one ios image before the last and lo and behold, web access again. I've heard that other ios upgrades also break the web access. I just wish Cisco had noted that this is a problem with the current firmware. Thanks again Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: