cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acces Server 2509 how can I increase the bandwith

m-moreno
Level 1
Level 1

I got a problem using a US Robotics 56kb modem in a Access Server 2509, I set the speed 56000, but i does not work, I connected the modem using a Hyper terminal and everything looks okay.

I was using this commands

-ATE1Q0

- I got OK

-AT&F1S0=1&C1&D2&A1&W

-I got OK,

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume "does not work" means the PPP connection after setting a speed 56k dosen't work..For that we do need to see some debug like

debug modem

debug ppp authentication

debug ppp negotiation

Now you can connect using the hyperterminal because hyperterminal dosen't do PPP..Its just a physical conenction between two device. Now setting a speed 56K on modem will not allow you to actually get 56K between two modems..Because two analog modem can best negotiate upto V.34 only..which is around max 34-35K...Tejal

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

If you are looking to get a 56k connection with that setup...you cant. If you want v90 you need pure digital signal at your end to terminate the connection. If this is what you want then look into getting an as5350 or something.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: