Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing router for the first time...

thomasmcleod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new C881W I would like access it for the initial configuration. I'm in a secure envirnment and don't have a computer with a legacy serial port. I've tried the router version of CP Express but I keep getting message that says "Cisco CP Express Application could not be launched. If CP Express is lanuched using https try the following steps and relanuch CP Express. 1. Disable TLS option in JRE Settings. Please close all Cisco CP Express windows before proceeding." I've tried disabling TLS and messing with java startup settings, etc., to no avail.

Does functional software called CP Express actually exist or is this a marketing gimick?

2 Replies 2

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

If you are having trouble with the router version of CPE, I would recommend downloading and installing the PC based version. The latest PC based version is 2.6 filename "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_6-en.zip" .

That is of course if you really want use CPE. Another solution to your problem could just be to get one of these. My company doesn't buy laptops with serial ports so I have been using one for quite a while without any problems.

@Gregory, thanks for the advise. I gave up on CPE and ordered the USB to serial converter. I've been advised by knowledgeable individuals to only buy converters with FTDI chipsets in them, which I did.