cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding New Devices to Packet Tracer 7.3........

How do you add new devices to the list of devices in Packet Tracer.  Specifically Switches that are not on the list?

4 Replies 4

joekehm80230
Level 1
Level 1

I can't believe nobody has replied to this with an answer yet - I'm having the same issue, can we please get some help here if anyone knows how to to this? 

I did a search through pkt tracer and there is no add a device.

I would suspect the reason you cant  add a device is because the OS of pkt tracer devices are not real Cisco IOS but models of the real IOS.

However if you want to explore further open an issue with the pkt tracer people

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e8051c092e07401aa7d50ec2424a6e1c/ 

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who

hola a todos,

yo me encontraba con el mismo problema continuamente, les recomiendo emigrar al sistema de gns3, en este sistema pueden trabajar con las ios originales de los dispositivos en cuestión y se encuentran todas las ios descargables desde la pagina del proveedor cisco.

espero la información les sea de ayuda

baslam
Level 1
Level 1

If the FastEthernet0 interface is not available: Then click on the device icon -> then 'Advanced' at the bottom right -> then 'I/O Config' -> then in 'Network Adapter' choose 'PT-IOT -NM-1CFE' -> then click again on 'Advanced' at the bottom right to return to the ordinary window