Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice - Habits

Alex Hall
Level 1
Level 1

[Let me know if there is somewhere better to put this thread]

As someone fairly new to networking and building networks in packet tracer and or emulators etc, what is some advice or some good habits, that the more experienced people would recommend to those who are new to the field.

1 Reply 1

Edwin Portillo
Spotlight
Spotlight

There are existential questions like this. What is the best way to learn? What are the valid certifications of the Academy? In addition to Packet Tracer can I use another simulator? Among other.

Brother has arrived at the indicated place where it is enough to be self-taught the community offers you the guarantee of finding answers to general and specific topics of the area of ​​networks. Participate in each Post even if the topic is not your domain, read, reflect because little by little you will manage to self-manage the way you learn.

What is the best way to learn?

The best answer has to be based on quantitative and qualitative data of yours and it is called ... Motivation, this is the key as well as I do at this moment, you can attend someone else. Personally a year ago I started with the certifications of CCNA as an instructor I only knew the content while I was a student now that I am very clear that my compass is going to the boat of the networks is a beautiful field full of challenges that make you grow not only as a professional but as a person as you help others.

What are the valid certifications of the Academy?

As the image shows, not because you are at the top of the pyramid it means you do not know anything. On the contrary, you must strive every day to climb steps:32b24bdb-765b-448e-8d6e-aee5ff117897.png

- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician): It is the first step towards CCNA certification, having CCENT means that you have what it takes to manage a small network of business branches. (Here you are presented as the lion king in front of the whole world, to protect it and save it under any circumstance)

CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate): It is one of the most important certifications within the Information Technology industry. This certification represents the associated level, oriented to practical skills in the diagnosis and solution of specific network problems. (No doubt you have already grown and you know as king lion of good and evil)

- CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional): Provides knowledge and practical experience to design and support complex business networks in a real environment, will provide a lasting basis since these skills are equally relevant in today's physical networks and network functions virtualized of tomorrow. (The lion king protects and aullenta the problems)

- Cisco Certified Architect: is the highest level certification within the Cisco certification program. It is the top of the pyramid for those who want to validate their knowledge in Cisco technology and infrastructure architecture. (It's time that as a king you have to leave your legacy and be ready to become super Sayayin)

In addition to Packet Tracer can I use another simulator?

Packet Tracert is an impressive tool to start and learn the configuration of network devices, but it is very limited in some configurations that it is not allowed to perform. You should check how to virtualize GN3 your projects is the closest way to interact directly with the IOS of network devices.

It only remains for me to share with you the following: "Everyone is forced from their own destiny" forward do not desist I hope to see you at the top.

Regard,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco