cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet350 not supported in RME

dwgray0422
Level 1
Level 1

I have imported ~35 Aironet350 APs and they are now showing up as Not Supported Devices, they are running 11.23T, any sugestions?

-Damon

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What RME and IDU version is installed?.

RME 3.5

IDS 3.5

IDU 6.0

Install IDU8.0 for RME 3.5 from CCO, and see if that fix the issue.

Thanks... will try this eve

-Damon

I've installed IDU 8, and the 350s are still not supported. According to the Documentation, they were supported in 7, any ideas?

Are you talking about them being "not supported" in RME or Campus Manager/CiscoView. If the former, I would have thought IDU 8 would fix things. For the latter, you need to also load the latest package support for CiscoView. Go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvresult.cgi?product_class=Other&product=Aironet+350&application=CiscoView+5.3%2C+5.4%2C+5.5 (that's one long URL - use the whole thing) to download the AP350 package (version 4, dated 11-5-03 s the latest).

It's generally a good idea to update your CiscoView package support at least as often as you do your IDU's (which are released quarterly). Packages are generally released coincident with new products or product features that would change the interaction with CiscoView or Campus Manager. I keep a tab of what packages I have and their version levels and check them when I download my IDUs.

RME is what I'm working with now... I can see them fine in CiscoView... I try and update the device packages montly as we keep getting more cisco devices on the network. IDU completed without a hitch, however all my 350s show up on not supported on the archive, and I cannot manually pull configs through CW

AP devices are only supported in configuration management when you have IOS installed on them but if you have VXworks, the configuration managamentis not supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco