cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analogue Calls not Rolling over to second Pri Channel

rshelley
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco 3660 router with 2 x ISDN Pri connections for ISDN dial up calls. We are based in the UK and hense have 30 channels per Pri. This router also has some MICA Modems installed a total 48 lines are available on these modems. We have a problem that whilst we can have 60 connecurent ISDN calls in place as the 31st call rolls over to the second ISDN PRI Channel we cannot get more than 30 analogue calls in conncurently. The anallogue calls will not roll over and use the spare B channels on the second ISDN pri.

Has anyone any ideas. Regards

Richard Shelley

richard.shelley@sts-communications.com

8 Replies 8

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

please provide the config

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

config is attached

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

config is attached

vcjones
Level 5
Level 5

You did remember to add the line

isdn incoming-voice modem

to the serial interface defining the second PRI, didn't you :-)

Otherwise, you'll need to post a config.

Good luck and have fun!

Vincent C Jones

www.networkingunlimited.com

Vincent

Thanks for the reply. We do indeed have ISDN incoming-voice modem on the second pri.

Config is attached any help would be appreciated.

Try adding the command ppp multilink to the interface group-async1.

Jason Smith

www.smif101.com

The "obvious" solution is to configure both PRIs the same and then deal with accepting ISDN calls you don't want on the 2nd PRI. I suspect that will be easier to debug then figuring which missing statement (if any) is the key. If nothing else, you can confirm it is a configuration problem on the router and not a telco mistake.

Good luck and good hunting!

Vincent C Jones

www.networkingunlimited.com

psprice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard

Two things you might like to look at

1) You've said that you have 48 modems but the various line commands only add up to 18 modems - remaining lines don't seem to be config'ed. ?

2) I've noticed that the Group-Async interface has got a range of 65 to 134 when in fact your modem lines are split over multiple ranges. I'd try setting up separate Group-Async interfaces for each range

Cheers - Phil