cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI to RME Import

reinke
Level 1
Level 1

We have import our Cisco devices discovered by ani to rme. ANI has discovered all devices and reports no error when importing devices to rme.

Now we have rolled out some more devives. Those new devices are discovered by ANI and again there are no errors concerning the report to rme. Nevertheless, we cannot see the new devices in rme. An inventory only shows the old devices.

Any idea for troubleshooting?

Thanks

Edgar

3 Replies 3

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Couple of things to check:

Server Configuration> Diagnostics> Discovery Metrics> to ensure ANI did in fact discover all your devices.

Even if devices are listed there, I still go to Campus Manager> Topology Services> Network Views> Layer 2 View and verify if the devices are reachable or unreachable.

While you have that popup window open, go to Unconnected Devices and ensure CM properly mapped your devices.

Last item to check:

RME> Administration> Inventory> Import Status See if any devices are listed under "Device Attribute Errors".

In addition to Steve's excellent suggestions, I recommend the following:

Go into Server Configuration, Setup, ANI Server Admin, Device Sysnchronization. Comfirm (on the "Synchronize to Essentials" tab) that you are configured to "Send device credentials to Essentials". Force a sync (by clicking the run button). Then go to the Status Log tab, check "log details" and reload. Examine the log for anomalies. If there are none, essentials should be prepared to collect inventory per schedule.

Confirm there are no attribute erros as Steve suggested, and recehck essentials after the next scheduled inventory collection (or force inventory on a discrepant device to check it immediately).

Thanks, I will follow this advices.