Views
Helpful
Replies

Any book for Cisco Hardware with pictures

Naive
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I require your help to find any Cisco hardware book where i can find information about Hardware of Switches & routers, SIP, SPA, SFP's, Network module, Licenses information with pictures..

I am always get confused how many SFP or ethernet port with router, does we require to order seperate SFP's etc....

Thanks in Advance...:)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

for higher level platforms you can look for ordering guide for ASR 1000 see the following link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/guide-c07-731639.html

This is very handy because it provides you information about the different part numbers and the all the license options.

Generally speaking, you need to consider each item (SFP or additional license) as something to be ordered separately. Cisco calls an orderable item a SKU.

There are also some bundles for each platform that provides you a device with basic hardware and licenses for doing a specific job.

There are also some examples look for example at example 14 in the previous document that tells you all you need at licenses level for a Secure WAN router using IPSEC tunnels.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

The official cisco datasheets should give you all the information you need. I don't believe a cisco hardware encyclopedia exists.

cheers,

Seb.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Uryogesh89,

for the high rate of changes any printed book would be old in two/three years.

Unfortunately you need to look at the datasheets for each platform and linecards datasheet for modular devices before preparing a new order.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Sergey Lisitsin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

uryogesh89,

This information changes so frequently, that there is no point publishing it in a book. Best you can do is research each particular platform on Cisco.com website. They have very detailed spec sheets for every model, where you can find all you need. For example, here is the information about Catalyst 2960X series switches:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/datasheet_c78-728232.html

Naive
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys for your swift response. I generally using CISCO datasheets to choose device.

CISCO datasheets also sometime make you confuse. For an example i require to choose ASR1001 X router for my customer.

But i am not sure how many ports available with the device. does we require to order SFP's( GLC-TE or GLC-SX-MMD or GLC-LX-MMD) separately or does it not require... does it require to order separate license etc.

Hello,

for higher level platforms you can look for ordering guide for ASR 1000 see the following link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/guide-c07-731639.html

This is very handy because it provides you information about the different part numbers and the all the license options.

Generally speaking, you need to consider each item (SFP or additional license) as something to be ordered separately. Cisco calls an orderable item a SKU.

There are also some bundles for each platform that provides you a device with basic hardware and licenses for doing a specific job.

There are also some examples look for example at example 14 in the previous document that tells you all you need at licenses level for a Secure WAN router using IPSEC tunnels.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: