cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up the server Ciscoworks runs on.

Our backup staff routinely backs up the whole operating system as well as all other files on my ciscoworks server. They get the following errors when doing so.

Backup - \\SRVCISCO\C: Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\cmf\cmf.db - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\cmf\cmf.log - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\rme\rme.db - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\rme\rme.log - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\databases\rme\syslog.db - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\Sybase\Db\SqlcoreDb.db - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\Sybase\Db\SqlcoreDb.log - skipped.

Backup - \\SRVCISCO\System?State Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\regedit.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\attrib.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\ftp.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\ipconfig.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\net.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\net1.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\rcp.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\regedt32.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\route.exe - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\SRVCISCO\System?State\Boot Files\C:\WINNT\system32\sysedit.exe - skipped

I do know that if I shut down all the Ciscoworks services the backup will run without error.

I'm assuming that the Ciscoworks services(applications) must be stopped in order to do a complete backup of the server. Can anyone let me know if they have run into this and what measures they took to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Dave

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you use the backup/restore that comes with CW2K itself, that should take care of stopping/starting the dbs

You are correct in that the services will stop when you use the CWK2 backup and will start when that backup is complete. I need to know if the only way to backup the files in question is to stop all services prior to any backup routine(not just the CWK2 backup utility).

Thanks for your quick response.

Dave

Yes, since there may be open db tables which will not get backed up if all the processes are running.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if there is one net stop command that will stop all services on the Ciscoworks server? I am hoping I could automate the stopping of the services, then the 3rd party backup(non CWK2 utility), then start the services back up.

Thanks,

Dave

net stop crmdmgtd

Steve,

Thanks for the information and your quick response.

Dave