cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best OOBM Setup

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

So for my class project I have to setup let's say medium size to large environment, I am trying to determine how true OOBM is setup. Would it be good to used a collapsed Core/Dist layer and connect Access switches to the server, network device mgmt. ports etc. and create separate OOBM vlans for server, switches/routers, etc.?

Can someone help me understand how and best practice to setup an OOBM? Thanks guys!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if it is small medium less than 200 stacks of switches you can go to CCC is the best option.

If this CCC is HA is good idea so more resilience setup. with dual sup in each chassis for zero downtime.

if have enough fiber in the campus and organisation able to fund you, create a separate OOB is good idea in case if your main network failes you can still login and diagnosis the issue.

it all depends how you design your campus core.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Awsome thanks.
What does CCC stand for?
Also, are you familiar with Spine Leaf topology? Let's say I have other switches, routers, etc. that need to be implemented. Should I connect these to the leaves (for HA let's say one connection to leaf 1 and another to leaf 2) or to the Spines?