cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

boot system

xhackuss1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following boot commands in my switch and I need to remove the "BOOT variable = disk0:,1;sup-bootflash:c6sup22-psv-mz.121-12c.E4.bin,1"

Can someone give me the config command to accomplish this?

This is the output of the show boot command.

Switch#sh boot

BOOT variable = disk0:,1;sup-bootflash:c6sup22-psv-mz.121-12c.E4.bin,1;disk0:c6k

222-psv-mz.122-17d.SXB.bin,1

CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist

BOOTLDR variable = bootflash:c6msfc2-boot-mz.121-8a.EX

Configuration register is 0x2102

5 Replies 5

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

Can you just try with "no boot system" command by which I mean

no boot system flash disk0:

no boot system flash sup-bootflash:c6sup22-psv-mz.121-12c.E4.bin

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Would the "no boot system flash disk0:

no boot system flash sup-bootflash:c6sup22-psv-mz.121-12c.E4.bin " remove everything including

the boot command I want to have or just the "boot system flash sup-bootflash:c6sup22-psv-mz.121-12c.E4.bin " ?

disk0:c6k

222-psv-mz.122-17d.SXB.bin,1

Hi Friend,

I am not sure if I understood your point here but I think your query is that "no boot system disk0:" will also remove the boot statement which you want to have it right?

I believe you can just clear all boot statements with "no boot system" command and finally when there is no boot statement left you can configure the boot statement specifically which you want.

HTH, if yes please rate all post.

Ankur

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do a sh runn and near the top of the config you will see the boot statements , in config mode add "no " in front of each of the statements . You will need at least one valid statement in there for the box to boot the next time . Also if the images are in disk 0: or bootflash and you don't need them anymore delete and then squeeze them to get rid of them .

nikki_carol
Level 1
Level 1

To boot the router manually, use the boot ROM monitor command. The syntax of this command varies according to the platform and ROM monitor version.

boot

boot file-url

boot filename [tftp-ip-address]

boot flash [flash-fs:][partition-number:][filename]

Cisco 7000 Series, 7200 Series, 7500 Series Routers

boot flash-fs:[filename]

Cisco 1600 and Cisco 3600 Series Routers

boot [flash-fs:][partition-number:][filename]