cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Booting vlan.dat from PCMCIA flash card?

s.debenito
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to boot a Catalyst 6513 from a PCMCIA card wich contains the running-config and image file.

The question is: how can I configure the Catalyst for loading also the vlan.dat file from the PCMCIA card? Will it load the vlan.dat automatically when it be loading the running-config stored on the card? If not, what "boot" command should I use to load vlan.dat ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

nightowl2k2
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if you can set the switch to pull the vlan.dat file from the PC Card but you can enter the vlan information in regualr config mode on IOS switches. The command format looks like the following in the normal (running or startup) config file.

vlan 20

name VlanName

This functions the same as the vlan.dat file and is actually preferred because if redundant SUPs are used the Vlan database is now synchronized between the SUPS where as using "vlan data" they are not. Also, as you modify Vlans using config mode the vlan.dat file is changed acordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: