cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bypass High Speed fan tray req for Sup720

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone use the command to disabled this feature? What's the command? What's the procedure (boot ROM)? How long can the system run without causing damage? Immediate need to boot until high fan tray can be delivered.

16 Replies 16

ALLOWANYPS=1 introduces the possibility to over-subscribe the chassis power budget. i.e. Line cards that are normally denied power because the chassis is over-subscribed because of "reservations" are brought on-line regardless.

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

The Chassis will shutdown the Sup720 module after about 5 minutes of operation. I have been unable to collect any log info of this event.

As for the ALLOWANYPS=1 command, I don't have the answer. It is not to allow a single power supply, and it did not over ride the limitations of the amount of available power and power all lines cards regardless. I was testing that theory because 1 of my line cards would not power up because the power wasn't there. I won't post any assumptions, but I will post an answer to that question when I get it.

As for the temp readings displayed, the alarm threshholds for the sup720 (show environ alarm thresh) are 90C for a minor alarm and 105C for a major alarm (Thanks ggersch!). With adequate cooling

you could get away with this workaround for some time. Still USER BEWARE! Every situation is different.

Thanks for rating this post.