cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager over DOCSIS - Best Practice QoS ???

d.farkas
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be configuring a UBR10000 supporting DOCSIS 3.0 modems.  I will be using channel bonding.  At the Headend there will be a Call Manager installed.   IP Phones (SCCP) will be co-located with the Cable Modems.  The network looks like this:

Call Manager <-> Ethernet <-> CMTS UBR10000 <-> RF Plant <-> Cable Modem <-> Ethernet <-> IP Phone.

So my question is, what are the Best Practice recomendations for QoS to support the VoIP and Call Setup traffic going across the RF plant?  Specifically I'm looking for CMTS configuration suggestions and Cable Modem config file suggestions.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Give priority ro DSCP EF and that should be enough.

I suspect you will be busy enough to be worrying about QoS first.

Thanks for the response, and I agree giving DSCP EF priority is best.  But the question is how to give it priority.  There are a lot of tools available in the CMTS for doing that.  Which QoS tools and configurations are the best practices is what I am looking for.

Get it working first, don't worry aboout that now.

I know how to get the basic connectivity working.  QoS is my only concern.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: