Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 3.3 does not work on the PC GUI but works on the server GUI

guilherme2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If I do anything on CW under the Campus Manager tab (e.g. Topology service, path analysis, user tracking, vlan port assignment) using the browser on my pc (xp, ie 6.0) it never actually full loads the screen. It opens a small window saying Connecting to ANI Server, the tab show about 30% complete and that's it. But if I run the samething using the browser on the server it works just fine.

I've applied all the applicable updates on CW, on the server (W2K) and my pc (btw, it also happens in any other PC).

I've been using the required java (1.4.1_02) since I applied the following patch: CiscoWorks-LMS-2.2-LMS-1.3-Update-1-k9.exe.

This is a new installation. I had it working on my old test server...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

-check your java settings on local workstation

-delete java cache and internet cache files

-increase file size limit on IE to large number (1.5 GB)

-restart IE

John, thank you for your reply.

I've tried that but didn't fix the problem.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thank you!

- ensure that the ANI server and UT has competed the discoveries succesful and that they are not hung during discovery (ANI status and UT status from UT gui on the server) .Either way delete the dbs and reboot the server wait about 15 minutes or so and rety.

- if after a while ANI or UT is not finishing disovery you will need futher troubleshooting.

I have seen this behaviour before when ANI can not complete a discovery.

ysolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Whats is your ip configuration (client and server)

do you use DHCP, do you have a DNS, ...

i have the same pb ...

Could be either of these bugs: CSCin53880 or CSCin57604.

Check this link for details (table 5):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lmsmar03/lmsup1.htm#wp108003

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: