Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager topology view

janith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I Have a campus with 54 edge switches, 2 cat4006 and a 6509. I am running CWLMS. Initially the CW2000 campus manager was working fine showing the correct topology with the correct IP addresses for the switches.

Later on the customer requested to have a management vlan only for the switches. SO I had to change the IP addresses of all the switches to a different subnet. After doing that I changed the seed device ip to the new ip of the 6509. But still the campus manager doesnt find the new IP addresses of the switches and instead still shows the old ip's.

I tried reinstalling CW2000 again but I got the same result. How do I get CWorks to discover the new ip range for the switches.Now all I have in campus manager layer 2 toplogy view is a bunch of red boxes with ? marks.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Champ

6 Replies 6

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I seems like your reinstalling procedure left the device database unchanged - strange....

Some tipes:

1) Have you tried delete the red boxes via Campus Manager and force the ANI server to redicover?

2) Are you able to Ping the new addresse from your CW2000 server?

3) Are the community names for new addresses set correctly in your ANI server configuration?

4) Does the discovery process see the new IP addresses as unknown or it doesn't recognize them at all?

Regards,

Milan

Hi Milan

Thanks for the reply.

As for your qns.

1) I tried deleting the red boxes and forced the ANI server to rediscover, but I get the same result

2) I can ping all the new addresses from cw2000 server

3) I did not change the community names for the devices they remain the same. Do u mean that I have to assign new community names for the new addresses and delete theold community names that were attached to the old IP's

4) The discovery process still sees the old IP addresses and displays them in under the red boxes.

Any clues

Champ

You might want to try the reinitdb.pl script. It is in cscopx/bin for 5th Edition and earlier, cscopx/campus/bin in 6th Edition. It will reinitialize your ANI database.

I would think that it would do the same thing as deleting all of the devices manually, but it is worth a shot.

Thanks Guys...I will try ur suggestion and update..

champ

Hi,

ad 3) I don't think you should change community names, I just meant to check if they are correct for the new addresses.

ad 4) I don't understand how ANI server can see old IP addresses after deleting them. Aren't you synchronizing RME to ANI?

I agree with grayd that the best way would be to reinitialize ANI database.

Regards,

Milan

Hi Guys

I think found the answer.

WHen I changed to the new IP addresses in the new interface vlan <#>, I shut down the old inter vlan <#> instead of deleting it. SO even after reinitialized the ANI DB I still got the old ip's cos the old ip was still existing in the Int vlan <#> although it was shut. so for some reaon the ANI server was picking up the old IP addresses even though I had a different int vlan <#> that up and running.

After I deleted the old int vlan <#> and reinitialized the ANI DB again then I got the right topology diagram with the new IP addresses. So it is solved now.

Thanks again for your input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco