cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I delete a device from ANI database?

mcrespo
Level 1
Level 1

Campus has discovered certain network devices (non Cisco Devices) which appear in maps as a red box with a question mark.

If I delete them from the map, are rediscovered.

Does anyone know if there is a mean of deleting a single o certain devices from anidatabase?

3 Replies 3

kawng
Level 1
Level 1

You can delete individual devices but during the next discovery it will just find them again.

You should use the filtering options in:

Server Configuration->Setup->ANI Server Admin->Discovery Settings to fine tune your search criteria so you don't have rogue devices.

But you will have to reinitialize the ANI Database since filtering only applies to the initial discovery.

This is done via command line only. Command,

reinitdb.pl can be found in either

/opt/CSCOpx/bin or /opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin

depending on what version you are running.

Apply the filtering criteria first, then run the reinitdb.pl command that will prevent those

rogue devices from showing up.

Command line--huh? "But you will have to reinitialize the ANI Database since filtering only applies to the initial discovery."

After filtering as you described, go into campus manager and delete the offending device (provided you don't have an active discovery in progress). The device won't be rediscovered.

I just touched up my filter ( by IP address ) and once I hit "Apply" the filter went right into effect when it asked me to re-discover. So, I will disagree that it only works for the intial discovery.

Hope this helps.