cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cat 4006 - ACL not supported on Port Channel

klcheang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I had encouter this error message when i try to define a acl to one of the interfaces, any idea what's wrong with my setting ?

"3w3d: ACL is not supported on interface Port-channel1.1"

interface Port-channel1

no ip address

no ip directed-broadcast

hold-queue 300 in

!

interface Port-channel1.1

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

ip address 10.15.24.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip directed-broadcast

ipx encapsulation NOVELL-ETHER

ipx network 1

!

C4006(config-subif)#ip access-group 101 in

C4006(config-subif)#

3w3d: ACL is not supported on interface Port-channel1.1

4 Replies 4

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

URL for reference

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/inst_nts/78_10164.htm#17101

Layer 3 ACLs are supported only on the Layer 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports and corresponding Gigabit Ethernet subinterfaces.

Thanks for your reference - we have now reconfigured our layer3 card so that we are now using vlan subinterfaces on the internal gigabit interfaces 3 and 4 rather than etherchannel, however we are still having problems getting access controls between the vlans working - the acls do seem to be applied now without any obvious errors however they do not seem to be matching source addresses properly so that a host address that should be caught by the deny all gets through! Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

david.porter
Level 1
Level 1

With the Catalyst 4006, ACLs are not supported on the two internal gigabit interfaces if you channel them. You must configure the interfaces separately if you want to use ACLs.

I have the same problem having set up all my vlans on port-channel subinterfaces, does this mean I have to reconfigure the whole thing in order to apply inter-vlan access controls ? If so how should I do this, or is there another way around this problem?