cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6k Hybrid to Native Conversion

vcato
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Sup1A with MSFC/PFC that I have converted from hybrid to native. The conversion process went flawlessly, but when I issued the final reload to have it boot the native image automatically, I now cannot get into the console port. I get no output displayed during the boot process. It appears to be performing the boot cycle correctly, and I can even ping the interface I used to load the code, but I can't get the console port to work. Naturally, I can't telnet into it, as there are no passwords set. Is there something I'm missing? Have the console port characteristics changed when going to the c6sup11-ps-mz.121-13.E10 image?

I've performed these conversions many times on Sup2's with no problems at all, but this is my first Sup1A.

Any thoughts???

Vic

4 Replies 4

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

May be console port characteristics got changed when going to the new image. I guess you can revert back and see if it works....

Thanks for the response, but I ended up doing an RMA on this guy. By the way, I wouldn't have been able to revert back without getting into the console.

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not that I am aware off. Can you reset the switch and send a break sequence and see if you can break into rommon?

Thanks for the response, but I did an RMA on this mod, as it was obviously not happy. I did issue a break sequence and it appeared to halt the boot cycle (judging from the LEDs), but I never got anything on the screen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: