cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 - "loopback not set"

j-sherman
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a 2950 with IOS 12.1(9) in an avionics lab setting. This switch is being widely used in lab applications where aircraft AFDX swithces are cost prohibitive. I am trying to configure a port to allow a flight management computer to send a message to the switch and back to itself. I have programmed the mac-address table to send this packet back on the port from which it originates; the switch is not sending it back on that port (it is available on any other port that I program in the table). My question is whether this "loopback not set" indicates that this behavior is shut off. I found some information on loopback in relation to routers, but the IOS I am using does not seem to support setting loopback behavior. Any insight into this feature would be appreciated.

Jim

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

As for as I know, if you set the loopback line under the interface mode, it will shown in the show interface command with loopback set otherwise it will show loopback not set.

For more information : http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/121/atmloopback.html

Yes, I have read this document; however, the loopback line command is not available in this version of the IOS. The fact that the show interface command displays the loopback status seemed to indicate that there might be a way to set it. Has this feature been disabled? Does anyone know who I might contact to find out?