Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 to IBM Host connection

ANDREA SALA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a couple of Catalyst 2950-12 to interconnect fast-ethernet interfaces coming from Cisco routers to two IBM HOSTs (OSA interface).

The first Catalyst has a 12.1(9)EA1 release and the connection with the HOST works fine.

The second Catalyst has a 12.1(11)EA1 release and the connection with the HOST doesn't work (the status is notconnected).

If we downgrade the second catalyst both works correctly.

The topology is loop-free.

The configuration of the Catalyst are:

#vlan database

#vtp mode transparent

#vtp domain L-SSB

#vlan 201 name DLSW-HOST-01

#vlan 991 name MGMT-2950-0

#interface FastEthernet0/3

#description LINK CON HOST – OSA #1 – VLAN 201

#switchport mode access

#switchport access vlan 201

#no ip address

#load-interval 30

#speed 100

#duplex full

#no shutdown

Someone knows why the 12.1(11) release presents this problem with the IBM HOST ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am assuming that you have looked to see if the vlan 201 is showing active and on the ports you want by doing a "show vlan " command . Sometimes people forget to activate the vlan even though it's defined on the ports , I would suggest going to 12.1.20 and this eliminates even having to mess around with the old vlan database .

yes, the VLAN was up and running also because I have used my pc to test the port and everything was working. Only with the IBM Host the port isn't work.

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: