Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 stack IOS upgrade

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I have two Catalyst 3750 in stack and I tried to upgrade it with a new IOS. Current IOS is c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1d.bin and the new is c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin. The upgrade was unsuccesfull in the morning. I tried to use the archive download-sw command without any success and after this I copied the new IOS into the flashes and set the boot system to the new image. The master booted up and the show stich command showed that there is version mismatch between the two swithces. So after this I rolled back ....

Can somebody share the process that works for my case, upgrading catalyst 3750 using the above mentioned IOSes.

Thanks in advance.

bye

FCS

2 Replies 2

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

In case you are using CMS or you have a copy of IOS that came with the switch (pre-installed) there is a folder with HTML files on the flash: drive.

I had trouble upgrading these units with a BIN file. Instead I downloaded a TAR file with CMS files from CCO and everything went smooth with archive download-sw command.

HTH

--Leon

vancampdax
Level 1
Level 1

this is a good reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

I had a simular problem wher I had to upgrade the stackmaster 1st to the required IOS version and then added the new switch to the stack to initiate the archive download.