cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9500 Recessed Rack Mount

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

We recently deployed a couple of Catalyst 9500 (C9500-24Y4C) that's warping our APC rack and bending down (length+weight+a single contact point at one end = a decently powerful lever).  We're ordering the appropriate 4-post rack kit (C9500-4PTH-KIT=) to solve this, but the APC rack presents another issue as well.  The fiber and DAC patches protrude too far to shut the door.

I cannot seem to find a part number for a recessed front mount bracket for the 9500 and doubly want to make sure it works with the aforementioned rack kit (which appears to adjust for length so I don't anticipate issues, but will take confirmation if I can get it).  For example, when our 2960x's are deployed in these racks, I'll pick up this kit: RCKMNT-REC-2KX=.

Is there a recessed mount bracket for the Catalyst 9500?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

Ultimately we had a vendor suggest we use the aforementioned 4-post rack kit, then get recessed adapters like these.  Our longer-term solution will be to migrate a set of deeper servers from this rack, set the front posts back a bit, and dedicate this one to telecom equipment.

If anyone is looking for a similar solution, the linked adapters should work for anything, but do be sure you get the Cisco rack kit that's right for your 9500 as there are [at least] two that work for different versions of the 9500.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9500-4PTH-KIT= these are bit adjustable with standard racks, 

RCKMNT-REC-2KX=.  - this not going to work on Cat 9500

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the confirmation on the 4-post bracket (C9500-4PTH-KIT=).  We'll pull the trigger on these regardless.

I agree that RCKMNT-REC-2KX= won't work.  I was worried I may not be describing what I need clearly and wanted to include a reference part.  Do you know if Cisco has a similar part for the 9500?

Thanks again!

C9500-4PTH-KIT=  (this comes with the same ears right? Do you want to buy separate brackets?

example :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-C9500-4PT-KIT-Four-Point-Rail-Rack-Mounting-Kit-19-for-Cisco-C9500-Switch-/313161378597

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I want a bracket like "RCKMNT-REC-2KX=", but for the 9500 so that it recesses into the rack a little bit to generate more clearance at the front of the rack.  So something that looks like this but is compatible with our 9500's:

RCKMNT-REC-2KX.jfif

Thanks again for helping me try to figure this out!

mmedcalf
Level 1
Level 1

Ultimately we had a vendor suggest we use the aforementioned 4-post rack kit, then get recessed adapters like these.  Our longer-term solution will be to migrate a set of deeper servers from this rack, set the front posts back a bit, and dedicate this one to telecom equipment.

If anyone is looking for a similar solution, the linked adapters should work for anything, but do be sure you get the Cisco rack kit that's right for your 9500 as there are [at least] two that work for different versions of the 9500.