cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCENT preparation

ryanzmail
Level 1
Level 1

I'm preparing for the CCENT and wondered if anyone has some insight.  I want to write down the lists I need to memorize.  For example, well known port numbers.  I want to know which port numbers I need to memorize and not spend a lot of time memorizing a whole lot of port numbers that are not part of the exam as there are 1024 well known ports.  Some study guides recommend memorizing a whole lot of well known port numbers, others recommend memorizing only 10 or so - which might not be enough.    I want to separate the things I need to commit to memory like port numbers, administrative distances, configuration register codes - things that are just a list of numbers, from things like ios commands and analytical things.  The ios commands and analytical subjects I will learn by practice and study but for me they don't require as much focused energy in commiting to memory as lists of numbers and values.  Is there a good reference or links that condense "commit to memory" lists with this type of information for the CCENT? 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Bigoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I was studying for my ICND1 & 2, I very luckily stumbled on this site. It is a good revision site for both tests.

zakfleming1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Learn these port numbers - http://www.cram.com/flashcards/ccent-common-port-numbers-2063156

Learn the administrative distances for: Directly Connected: 0, Static: 1, EIGRP: 90 & OSPF: 110.

Don't worry about config register codes for now. They are on ICND 2.

Can you subnet well? If i asked you to subnet 192.168.1.0/24 into 8 subnets, can you do it in 2 minutes? If you can't do that, you will struggle with the exam.

EDIT: Just noticed this post if from years ago!

Alisha_Rascon
Level 1
Level 1

CCENT(Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) is an entry-level IT networking certification developed by Cisco Systems. Candidates who attain the CCENT certificate are half way to achieving the CCNA certification.

A CCENT certification can help you get your first networking job or get help with your career progression if you currently work in Information Technology (IT).

Recommended: CCENT